Mar 7, 2012

Milani 3D Holographics - Hi-Res

Since I got my very first holographic polishes, I just had to try them immediately! Since I love purple, I chose Milani 3D Hologrpahics - Hi-Res. Oh my, what a beauty!
I used 3 thin coats, application was very smooth and easy, although it has a really thin brush. It's a gorgeous purple holo and I believe the right term is "scattered holo". :P Enough talking, here it is:
 So beautiful, right? I couldn't stop starring at my nails at school :D 
It's the perfect polish, but I have a little problem with it. Maybe someone who owns this polish can help me. I applied base and top coat like always and it chipped the next morning. Now I don't wear polishes for long, but I want it to last at least 1 day! So, is this common for holos? Or for Milani polishes? Or should I just try different base coats/ top coats ? I believe it was just a "bad nail day", but I still want your opinion! :) 
Thanks for your help! ;) 

20 comments:

  1. Hmm, I don't think I've experienced chipping on the first day with this polish but I'll put it to the test asap! I love this polish :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'll try another base and top coat :) I love it too :D

      Delete
  2. I have this polish too and I love it! Holos 4-ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one and it doesn't look that vibrant on me, must be my skin tone. This look wonderful on you, on me it looks kinda washed out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Maybe you can layer it over a dark purple polish so it has more color ? Then it wouldn't look washed out, I think :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I love your ring, I want one! Where did you get it from? Please say online and that they deliver to US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I'm so sorry to disappoint you, but I got it 3-4 years ago from H&M. Maybe you can find something similar on ebay ? ;)

      Delete
  5. My experience with holo polishes is that they chip very fast. I tried holos from different brands and they all chipped after one day. Probably this also depends from base coat and nails. There are special BC for holos (Nfu Oh has one).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! It looks great on you! And your ring is awesome. I didn't have trouble with chipping, but I also didn't wear it for more than a day... I dunno. If you find something good, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :D If I find something I'll share it in a blog post! :)

      Delete
  7. Watch out-holos are very addictive!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard that the chipping is due to the thin consistency of holo polish, and that you can stop it from happening by sandwiching a top coat layer between each coat of holo. Hope that helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh, thank you!! I will try that next time :D

      Delete

Hello you, yes you! I love reading your comments, so don't be shy, just leave me one ;)