Sep 16, 2012

How to: Wrap Polish To Prevent Shrinkage

Hey there! :) 

I hope you all had a good weekend! I recently got a request on facebook from one of my dear followers, asking me whether I could do a tutorial on how to wrap polish on the tips to prevent shrinkage. First I thought, that it'll be pretty difficult to take photos of that process, but I managed somehow :P 

I don't say this is the best way to do this process, but this is the way I do it :)
Let's start!


1. After applying your polish as usual, take the brush of the polish you used, remove all the excess polish on it (you only need very little for this step) 
and hold it in a 90 degree angle to your nail. 
Now move the brush from side to side until it covers the whole tip of your nail with nail polish!

2. Now you basically do the same thing with your top coat, but this time you polish the tip first (just like you did before with the other polish) and apply the TC on your whole nail afterwards!

That's basically it! As you can see on the third picture, you can't tell there is polish on your tip! It's very even and it really helps preventing shrinkage/tip wear. 

Here's how it looks before & after:


I hope this tutorial helped some of you! If you have any questions, feel free to ask in your comments! ;)

Thanks for reading and have a good night! x

20 comments:

  1. Wow, I need to try this! Thanks for the tip - I hate when the nail still looks white on the end, it looks much better polished :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I think my problem has been not doing the same with the top coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! That's probably it! I didn't do it at first either :P

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for posting this! I always wondered how to wrap my tips :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was one piece of info I'm really glad I utilize! Plus I think the manicure looks so much better with wrapped tips :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should try this, but my tips aren't quite long enough. If they ever get to that length, I will certainly try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't have to be very long for this. Just a little bit of free edge and you're good :)

      Delete
  6. I always wrap before polishing so I can hide any messy gloopy bits I leave behind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't usually wrap my polish and I actually don't have problem with shrinkage but this is very helpful and I think I will try this from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always do it, because I forget :P But when I do, it really lasts longer :)

      Delete
  8. Hiya

    I should have done this a long time ago!
    Didn't think of the top coat order as well from tip to rest of nail.
    Thanks for this post :) great idea, will try this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm gonna try wrapping my tips as a way to solve my shrinkage problem when using a quick dry top coat (i recently bought my 1st one ever and i was so dissapointed when it ruined my perfect DIY panda bear mani :( )

    thanks for the advice and hopefully this works! ᵔᴥᵔ
    **crosses fingers**

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello ! I'm French (: I'm not speak English :x
    Ton blog est juste super :p
    j'adore ! ^^ Je suis tombé dessus par hasard, et je suis trop heureuse, j'ai trouvé mon bonheur ! haha :D
    Aller, je dois être ta seule visiteuse Française :)
    Bye !

    ReplyDelete

Hello you, yes you! I love reading your comments, so don't be shy, just leave me one ;)