Sep 19, 2012

Models Own Mirrorball Collection Swatches !

Hello, my lovelies!

Today I have an awesome post for you! I wanna show you the swatches of the whole Mirrorball Collection by Models Own! 
When I first saw the promo pics a few weeks back I just knew these babies had to be mine! :D 
I ordered them on the same day they appeared on the website and only one week later they arrived at their new home!  I saw a lot of pictures and I knew they were gorgeous, but when I opened the package I was just speachless!


You can't imagine how sparkly, colorful and pretty they are in real life! And I have to include a bottle shot, because they look so cool!


They're gorgeous, right? :)

The formula is pretty much the same on all of them, only the glitter colors are different!
Each one has 4 different sized & shaped glitter in a clear base. You have every kind of glitter you can imagine in there: from small round glitter to square, to big chunky holo glitter (oh yes! they are a bit holo!!). 

The application was very good with all of them and I especially loved that you get a good amount of glitter on the nail with only 1 coat! The only thing I don't like about Models Own polishes is the smell, but oh well..nobody/nothing is perfect :P 
For the swatches I used 1 coat of glitter over a black nail polish + TC(the one included in the set) and for the "nude" swatches I applied :
1 coat on the index finger - 2 coats on the middle finger - 3 coats on the ring finger - 4 coats on the pinkie and no TC!

So let's finally see some pictures! (WARNING! Picture Spam!)

Boogie Nights

Boogie Nights has blue, purple and 2 shades of pink glitter in it. As you can see, 2 coats (middle finger) is the perfect amount to get some really sparkly nails!


Dancing Queen

One of my absolute favorites from this collection! It has gold, green, turquoise and blue glitter in it - such an awesome combination! 2 coats are enough to get some awesome sparkle on your nails, but as you can see 1 coat over black is more than enough too! ;) 


Hot Stuff!

This one has gold, pink, red and peachy glitter in it and is so pretty and girly! 


Disco Inferno

Did I mention I love the names of these polishes? ;) This beauty has gold, green and orange glitter in it and just like all the other ones, the sparkle is freaking amazing!


Freak Out!

Last but not least, my absolute favorite from this whole collection, although they're all beautiful! This one has blue, turquoise and purple glitter in it - my favorite color combination! 


Isn't this collection one of the most amazing ones out there? I took so many pictures, because it's just too pretty! :) 

You can get the whole collection in a box set (with a free 3 in 1 top coat!) on http://www.modelsownit.com/ for 20£  (ca. 32$ or 24€), but if you want just one or 2, each of the polish costs 5£ (ca. 8$ or 6€) and they do ship internationally! ;) 

In my opinion these polishes are totally worth it and anyone who loves glitter, should own them! ;) 

What a long post! But I hope you liked it and let me know which polish is your favorite from the Mirrorball collection! =) 

35 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! I need to buy these right now!!!!! Absolutely gorgeous swatches Theo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dancing Queen and Disco Inferno are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dancing Queen is so gorgeous! What am I saying they're all gorgeous! :P

      Delete
  3. Disco Inferno and Dancing Queen are my absolute favorites, but they are all amazing! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems those 2 are the ones that everyone likes :D

      Delete
  4. OMG they are beautiful and I need them now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so fun. Thanks for swatching them on their own and on black!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you did this post! I want them all now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great swatches darling! I think Dancing Queen might have to be mine ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweetie!! That one is one of my absolute favorites too :) x

      Delete
  8. OMG im so jealous you got this set! im on a strict no buy but i've been totally droolingggg over this set.. and now your swatch spam! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I feel your pain... I'm on a no-buy too, and now I'm trying to convince myself that I'm not a big fan of glitter anyway. But these are simply gorgeous, and Theo, your photos came out perfect! Must have been a whole bunch of work... =)

      Delete
    2. @The Sneakerette: Aw, thank you! I was on a no-buy too and I kept telling myself, that I don't need them. I went to their website and thought I would just look ...and the next minute they were ordered =)))

      Delete
    3. @Sophie: That's exactly how I felt, haha :D And thank you so much! It was a lot of work, but I had to do my best to show you all these beauties ;)

      Delete
  9. love! I'm in the US and mine are on the way, each time I see a swatch I get more and more impatient!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about the link. But I really must say that these babies are gorgeous.
    Barbara from Nigeria

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's a party on your nails girll! haha..Love every single one <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful nails!!! You do a great job and your blog is very nice. I have just found you through bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! I really appreciate it ;)

      Delete
  13. Boogie Nights is my favourite but they all look amazing, especially in your bottle shot! I would be tempted, if only the Essence Peel Off Base Coat worked for me! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still doesn't work? :( Hmm, but you still could get one or 2 of these pretties :D

      Delete
  14. OMg I love them all!! Need them! I really love your blog! I love to do nail art on my nails as well, but I'm not as good as you, I'm a beginner :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do!! And thank you very much :D And just keep practicing and you will get really good! ;)

      Delete
  15. boogie night is soooooooooo pretty!
    I totally need these!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They're all amazing but glitter over black is 1000X more amazing. i was looking for swatches and they wern't quite doing it for me (despite really wanting them) and then I saw these and I need to buy them right now! <3 Thank's for the amazing swatches! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you!! They are really amazing over black ;) I am glad I could help :P

      Delete
  17. Amazing post! These look so freaking cool!! I love how you showed them alone, then with polish, and did the collages. That must have been a lot of work but this post is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! It took pretty long and that's why I am so happy that everyone likes it :) Thanks <3

      Delete

Hello you, yes you! I love reading your comments, so don't be shy, just leave me one ;)